About OUM & Co. LLP
OUM is one of the leading CPA firms in California, with offices in San Francisco and the San Diego area. We have over 80 professionals specializing in Tax, Audit and Assurance, and several other offerings across a large variety of industries. We provide knowledgeable business solutions to highly respected and well-known companies within the region.
Since 2000, the San Francisco Business Times has included OUM in their annual ranking of the "Top 25 Largest Bay Area Accounting Firms." We have also been included in Inside Public Accounting's annual list of the "Top 200 Accounting Firms” in the Nation.
Type of work you will do
OUM provides distinguished service to companies and as a Tax Manager; you will lead a variety of Client Engagement Teams where you will leverage your deep technical knowledge and be responsible for the development and motivation of your team. You will help our clients analyze complex tax issues and provide consultative advice to help our clients meet their business objectives. In addition, you will participate in the development of proposals for clients and collaborate on targeting and identifying tax opportunities.
As a Tax Manager, you can have a rewarding career at OUM. You will engage with talented professionals, be involved in meaningful work, and carve an individualized career path to support your continued professional development. Our learning programs are designed to grow key skills – technical, engagement management, leadership/people development, and client relations. You will develop experience by having direct client interaction, working in a supportive team environment to foster your leadership capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting or comparable subject. Masters in Accounting or Taxation highly preferred.
- CPA required
- 6+ years of experience in public accounting.
- A leader with the ability to apply independent decision making and solve technical issues.
- Efficiently manage full life cycle of multiple projects, including addressing technical tax areas.
- Highly motivated and analytical, bring in new ways of thinking and is a champion for firm initiatives.
- Develop a network of potential referral sources and identify opportunities to sell additional OUM services.
- Lead and own client relationships; provide technical and operational solutions.
- Proficient with business software tools such as Microsoft Office applications.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize tasks, responsive and polished communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong mentoring/coaching capabilities, able to guide staff members to achieve their fullest potential.
OUM offers a robust benefits package including recognition for additional work efforts, a fully subsidized medical plan for OUM employees, 401K Profit Sharing, continuing education for employees pursuing a Masters of Taxation or Masters in Accounting at an approved institution in which we will reimburse pre-approved tuition costs.
Our welcoming and supportive culture creates an enjoyable work environment. Our professionals are career oriented and passionate about the work they do. We encourage professionals to bring their authentic self to work and use their strengths each day, contributing to our culture where professionals grow personally and professionally.
Ready to Apply? Drop your resume here!