The IT Audit Manager leads multiple SEC clients, SOX compliance and consulting projects with life sciences, leasing, and technology clients that range in complexity. The IT Audit Manager inspires their team members through thoughtful training, coaching, and possess a tactical level of experience working with financial Audit Managers on planning, organizing, and execution of all audits to meet client requirements.
- Manage all aspects of IT audits related to SOX consulting engagements, SEC audit client, and SSAE 16/18 SOC audits.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the client environment and overall project scope to effectively analyze complex business needs and present well thought out solutions to mitigate control risks and issues.
- Identify control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement in the current operating environment and make recommendations for corrective action; draft the related observations and audit reports for issuance to leadership and conducts timely follow through; present findings to Audit Committees of SOX consulting engagements.
- Build and develop relationships both internally and externally with clients and control partners to help drive strategic objectives with the business.
- Provide coaching and guidance to IT Audit staff ensuring timeliness and quality of audit engagement deliverables.
- Conduct or assist with leading special reviews, investigations, monitoring activities, and work for external auditors and/or regulators.
- Review audit reports and provide guidance to team members ensuring audit objectives are addressed and controls are adequately tested.
- Manage the overall engagement economics including budget status tracking, billing, and collection analysis.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of experience performing a walkthrough of the IT environment, developing risk and control matrices, and performing test of controls.
- Working knowledge of the COBiT and COSO 2013 frameworks, PCAOB guidance (including AS 5), and SSAE 16/18 SOC Audit standards
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Computer Science or comparable subject. Master’s in Business highly preferred.
- CISA or equivalent certification highly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of IT application controls, including client developed software, ITGCs, Cyber Security, IT infrastructure including databases, networks, and operating systems.
- Analytical and innovate mindset with exceptional communication and project management skills.
- Ability to engage and mentor multiple team members to achieve their fullest potential.
- Ability to audit and enhance cyber security of current and new clients.
OUM offers a robust benefits package such as fully subsidized medical plan for OUM employees, 401K Profit Sharing, generous paid time off, employee assistance program, and continuing education opportunities to advance skills relevant to field of expertise.
Our welcoming and supportive culture creates an enjoyable work environment. Our professionals are career oriented and passionate about the work they do. We encourage professionals to bring their authentic self to work and to use their strengths each day, contributing to our culture where professionals grow personally and professionally.