About OUM & Co. LLP
OUM is one of the leading CPA firms in California, with offices in San Francisco and the San Diego area. We have over 80 professionals specializing in Tax, Audit and Assurance, and several other offerings across a large variety of industries. We provide knowledgeable business solutions to highly respected and well-known companies within the region.
Since 2000, the San Francisco Business Times has included OUM in their annual ranking of the "Top 25 Largest Bay Area Accounting Firms." We have also been included in Inside Public Accounting's annual list of the "Top 200 Accounting Firms in the Nation.
Type of work you will do
OUM provides distinguished service to companies and as an Audit Senior, you will execute audit and accounting procedures that involve critical analysis, review client documents (such as financial statements and accounting records), inventory observations, conduct risk assessments, mentor junior associates, and much more.
Typically, our work day will be at the client site to client records and then complete some of the work in our office. Field work ranges from a few days to a few weeks of local travel. Auditors connect with clients as part of an audit team, so you will be expected to show professionalism and strong competence with all levels of client personnel at all times. Audit clients are quite diverse ranging from small to medium sized companies, both privately held and publicly traded in a wide variety of exciting and challenging industries.
As an Audit Senior, you can have a rewarding career at OUM. You will engage with talented professionals, be involved in meaningful work, and carve an individualized career path to support your continued professional development. Our learning programs are designed to grow key skills – technical, engagement management, leadership/people development, and client relations. You will develop experience by having direct client interaction, working in a supportive team environment to foster your emerging skills and capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting or comparable subject. Masters in Accounting or Taxation highly preferred.
- CPA highly desired, but eligible to sit for exam is acceptable.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in public accounting.
- Ability to efficiently manage full life cycle of multiple projects yielding high quality results.
- Strong aptitude to identify auditing and accounting issues and propose recommended solutions.
- Experienced with business software tools such as CCH Axcess and Microsoft Office applications.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize tasks, responsive, polished communication skills (verbal and written), and capable of leading teams.
- Effectively mentor and coach junior level staff
OUM offers a robust benefits package including recognition for additional work efforts, a fully subsidized medical plan for OUM employees, 401K Profit Sharing, continuing education for employees pursuing a Masters of Taxation or Masters in Accounting at an approved institution in which we will reimburse pre-approved tuition costs. Additionally, OUM will reimburse the pre-approved cost of CPA exam prep materials.
Our welcoming and supportive culture creates an enjoyable work environment. Our professionals are community oriented and passionate about the work they do. We encourage professionals to bring their authentic self to work and to use their strengths each day, contributing to our culture where professionals grow personally and professionally.
Ready to Apply? Drop your resume here!